Married for Years and Finding Yourself Single

Being married for years and then finding yourself single can leave you without knowing what step to take next. No matter why you are now single (divorce or death of a spouse) you can experience a new found loneliness. Even if the marriage ended on your own terms, it may be difficult to get used to living in an empty house. You may dread coming home in the afternoons knowing that no one will be there. While it may be hard to get accustomed to the new single life, you can make the best of it and even enjoy your … Continue reading

Calendar of Strange Holidays and Other Events to Scrapbook in September

Imagine the strange and jazzy layouts you can make celebrating some of these wild, wacky and unusual holidays. These have been collected and compiled from various sources over the years of my teaching and we celebrated many of them in the classroom. Celebrate them with your children and family and create fun and wacky layouts! The Month of September Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Month Backpack Safety America Month Be Kind To Editors and Writers Month Christmas Seal Campaign Kick-off Month Classical Music Month College Savings Month Fall Hat Month Go Wild During California Wild Rice Month Great American Low-Cholesterol, Low-fat … Continue reading

How Premarital Counseling Might Help Marriages

What comes next? The other week one of the local radio station’s morning talk program held a discussion on marriage. A young engaged woman called in. She said that she signed herself and her fiance up for premarital counseling. She did so, she claimed, because her husband-to-be doesn’t know anything about what a modern marriage ought to be like. Her beloved was raised by his socially conservative grandmother. Now that they’re approaching their married life it came out that he believes she will do all of the work around the house and take care of the kids. We’ve looked at … Continue reading

Why Some People Never Marry

Yesterday I detailed my opinion of the pros and cons of remaining single. In today’s article, I will discuss why I believe that some people stay single and never marry. Why People Never Marry Reason #1 No True Love Some people never find what they believe is their true love. They would like to get married but just have not found that special someone. There could be various reasons why the right person has not come along. It may be that the expectations are too high. Some people are very self involved and are not willing to give in a … Continue reading

The People that Never Marry

I never thought any different than getting married and having children. It was just something that I knew that I would do. However, some people do not have this same perspective on life. I have a couple of friends that are not married and they are nowhere near marriage in the future. Neither one dates and they both are living their lives single and happy (at least they say that they are). Both women are often set-up or encouraged to date someone. However, they both seem content with their career and being by themselves. Neither woman is living a wild … Continue reading